Keymate, Keymate Plus, Products, Accessories and Recovery Service Disclaimer
Any suggestion or information contained on the Keymate website or available literature is based solely on limited data available to Keymate Pty. Ltd, and our experience with the general properties of any Keymate specified products and accessories or services.
Accordingly, no express or implied representation or warranty or guarantee of quality of service or information, or as to the results which may be obtained from, or the consequences of the use or misuse or application of, any product or of any such suggestion or information provided by Keymate TM or its Australian and International resellers.
In no event is any such suggestion or information to be considered or represented to be a recommendation. EXCEPT FOR SUCH EXPRESS WRITTEN WARRANTY, IF ANY, AS KEYMATE TM OR SUPPLIER of KEYMATE TM OR ITS SERVICES, MAY ISSUE TO THE PURCHASER, KEYMATE PTY. LTD. MAKES NO WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO ANY PRODUCT, INCLUDING, BUT NOT BY WAY OF LIMITATION, THE FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE OF KEYMATE TM PRODUCTS AND SERVICES.
The purchaser assumes sole and full responsibility for being familiar with all characteristics of Keymate products, and the subscription services for recovery services offered, and for determining and satisfying itself as to the content of all products and the suitability of all products for the uses and applications contemplated by the purchaser and others, as well as for complying with all laws, regulations and standards applicable to the possession, handling, processing, and use of Keymate products and services. The purchaser also assumes all risks and liabilities arising out of or in connection with the use of all Keymate products and Keymate Plus or related services, and results or expected outcomes obtained by the use of such products, whether used alone or in combination with other material, including, without limitation, all risks and liabilities with respect to patent and proprietary rights of third parties.
• Keymate TM services is a locating device AND return services (Keymate Plus) Keymate Pty Ltd cannot guarantee the recovery of your lost possessions, and merely acts in its capacity to aid in the recovery of your lost personal possession, provided you have registered your device/s and your contact details are up to date. Keymate will attempt to return to the owner, any recovered items, for a maximum of 3 months from when it was reported found or missing.
• Should your personal items be recovered and we cannot locate you, or your authorised representative, for 6 months from notification, these items will be destroyed, or sold to defray costs or handed over to authorities.
• Keymate will not be held responsible for the financial, legal liability, or damages, expenses incurred, whether material or financial, or to reputation, or opportunity cost, should you lose your personal possessions permanently and Keymate fails to be notified or cannot locate the owner.
• Keymate PTY LTD accepts no responsibility for the non-recovery of lost items or failure to loss, negligence, failure to register, failure to test and replace flat batteries regularly, or destruction or abuse of the products.
• At time of writing, the Keymate device is NOT a GPS device and cannot be located if out of range of the RFID transmitter card - should purchaser or owner lose items like keys, or other personal possessions, it must be re-iterated that Keymate Pty. Ltd. is unable to geo-locate via GPS. Note: The Keymate Plus return service is a paid-service and you must provide a valid payment means (Credit Card or by arrangement - Direct Debit, pre-paid)
• Keymate will endeavour to return lost items to the rightful owner based on your registration. This is a paid service and is covered by an annual subscription, paid in advance for EACH device sold.
• You may be offered a free trial of Keymate TM Plus services when you purchase or register your devices and Keymate TM KIT.
• Should you decline to register or the annual service fee for the service, or your subscription lapses, Keymate Pty Ltd. reserves the right to bill the customer a one off payment for the return of your possessions to cover costs incurred.
• Should you wish to have your personal items couriered, or sent to you, to you once recovered by Keymate, Keymate will at its discretion pass on these costs to you with a one off non-recurring handling fee.
Keymate does not guarantee the return of your lost items.
current version - Keymate disclaimer V1.3 16 Jul 2012 - minor changes to terms for Keymate Plus and payment options old version - Keymate disclaimer V1.2 20 Oct 2011